AICBA BoardWatch – Newsletter
We are seeking original white papers & case studies about critical decision making, business integrity, crisis prevention & response issues facing corporate boards, both profit and non-profit, as well as the supervisory boards of governmental entities.
We are looking for fresh, hard hitting ideas, free of consultative jargon.
AICBA BoardWatch is focused on the review, distillation, analysis, discussion and opinion on significant issues involving material damage to corporate stakeholders resulting from serious business irregularities and gross strategic decision making negligence at the executive and board levels.
AICBA BoardWatch is published by the American Institute for Certified Board Advisors, an organization dedicated to insuring organizational honesty and operational soundness, the business integrity of the enterprise. AICBA’s research and advocacy mission is to equip current and prospective board members and their key advisors with a rational set of principles and skills to drive competent decision making and robust oversight of any corporate enterprise. We believe this is the key to deterring, detecting, responding and effectively resolving material decision making negligence, irregularities and corruption before the damage is done.
AICBA BoardWatch is intended to be a practical, insightful tool for corporate board members, corporate shareholders, other corporate stakeholders, executives, attorneys, auditors, investigators, regulators and others interested in strengthening corporate directorship.
We are currently accepting papers for review & publishing. Papers should be limited to three pages (250-750 word). The Institute is interested in exploring a host of issues including but not limited to:
- Board Responsibilities for Deterring Business Irregularities and Gross Strategic Decision Making Negligence
- Strategies for Ethical & Effective Board Leadership & Executive Oversight
- Directing Corporate Oversight Functions – Corporate Counsel, Internal Audit, the Outside Auditors, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Corporate Compliance, Security, etc.
- Responsibilities to Shareholders and Other Key Stakeholders including Employees, Vendors, Partners, Customers, etc.
Specific topics of interest include:
- Investment Banking
- Strategy & Management Consulting
- Outside Auditor
- Human Resources
- Compensation & Benefits
- Scientific/Industry Technology
- Information Systems Security
- Cyber Security
- Risk Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- FCPA/Whistle Blower issues
- Business Processes
- Financial/Cash Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Country Advisor/Political Risk
- Crisis Management
The Role of the:
- Chairman of the Board Member
- Audit Committee
- Compensation Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- Strategy Committee
- Technology Committee
- Information Technology
- Cyber Security Committee
- Security Committee
- Mergers & Acquisition
The first number of the Journal will be published this Fall. Submissions are encouraged as soon as possible. For more information about the Center, please check our website and contact us at:
American Institute for Certified Board Advisors
Washington D.C. Headquarters